We would like to see our members winning the Anzisha Prizes. Great opportunity for innovative youngsters from Southern Africa to showcase their innovation and entepreneurial skills. I will be coming next weekend with a list of previous Anzisha prize winners projects. Time is definately not on your side as only 18 days are available before the closure of the competition. No monies required for registration as you just need to follow instructions on the link on the link at the bottom of this page. You may also need to visit this site www.anzishaprize.org to familirise yourself with the Anzisha Competition.
African Leadership Academy in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation is seeking applications for the 2017 Anzisha Prize that seeks to catalyze innovation and scale entrepreneurship among youth across the continent.
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- Applicants must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before April 16, 1994 or after April 16, 2001 will not be considered.
- Applicants business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Prize, on behalf of the team.
Business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Already Running Venture: Is the venture established with customers and beneficiaries? Does the venture deliver value to said beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder-led: Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Job Creation: Has the venture created some jobs and has the potential to create more high quality jobs?
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Anisha Prize 2017.
878 total views, 1 views today