If you have no access to opportunities in Zimbabwe then you are at a great disadvantage! If you do not know where opportunities are, how to access them and when-then you will forever be behind as those who have mastered the art of knowing opportunities rarely share information that gives them competitive advantage.
One of the disadvantaged communities is our friends in the diaspora. You are not likely to find opportunities information on the internet which is your only connection with Zimbabwe. Most of the opportunities information is found in hard copy and our forum has come in inorder to plug the gap of information asymmetry. We would like to thank the Diaspora community for supporting our book. Thank you very much, the book has been placed on our forum shop o the link http://zbinworld.com/shop/. We are glad that a lot of you are interested in tapping into local opportunities that are emerging in the economy.
The first stage in benefiting is to register a company in a field of your interest. Register a company and start operations on a low basis and build it up over time. We covered this on our book on the section of why you should register your business. Only registered companies are going to win big in Zimbabwe! Get registered, sort out the paperwork and scout for opportunities.
As a thank you to those who supported our book, we have captured an advert in The Herald for your attention. What should be of interest to you is the construction or repair of roads is providing opportunities for many sectors of the economy. From engineering companies, security companies, Solar energy companies, printing companies, branding companies. Even hard ware shops are benefiting!
Now look at the bad shape of the state of most roads in Zimbabwe and ask yourself the opportunities that will come from the repair and construction process? How many solar companies will benefit? How many printing companies will benefit? For engineers who had migrated to other countries-you can ignore local opportunities at your own peril.
The advert by Intertoll Zimbabwe (Pvt) Limited is a call for expressions of interest looking for suitable contractors and suppliers who wish to participate in provision of various goods and services for the maintenance of the R2 and R5 routes (Plumtree-Harare-Mutare). The EOI sought are relative to the categories listed below:
Provision of Road Maintenance Services
- Maintenance of Road Signs
- Permanent Road Marking
- Maintenance of Guard Rails
- Drainage Maintenance
- Vegetation Control
- Small Concrete Works
- Stabilisation of Slopes
Supply of Road Building Materials and Plant Hire Services
- Supply of Aggregate
- Supply of Bituminous
- Plant hire services
- Vehicle recovery services
Provision of Road Maintenance Consultancy Services
- Professional road engineers
- Surveying services
- Road construction testing
Supply of parts and/or services for vehicle maintenance
- Provision of spare parts
- Specialist vehicle repairs
- Supply and fitment of tyres
- Provision of staff transport
Toll Plaza Maintenance
- Solar sevices
- Generator repairs and services
- CCTV installations, repairs and services
- Electrical fence maintenance and repairs
- Plumbing, painting and general maintenance
- Steel structure maintenance and repairs
- Other Goods and Services
- Printing and Stationery
- Fire protection services
- General Hardware
- Company profile and 3 traceable references
- Proof of registration as a Zimbabwean company
- Proof of compliance with statutory requirements
- VAT certificate if any
- Letter from bank confirming banking details
- Available manpower (applicable to subcontractors)
- Available equipment (applicable to subcontractors)
- Proof of insurance (applicable to subcontractors)
- Capability and capacity (applicable to particular offering)
Geographical area of operation-applicants based in Plumtree, Bulawayo, Gweru, Kwekwe, Kadoma, Chegutu, Ruwa, Marondera, Rusape and Mutare encouraged to apply.
General Terms and Conditions
- Intertoll Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd not bound to approve any company as a suitable contractor or supplier, and shall not be obliged to furnish reasons for rejecting any application/expression.
- Intertoll Zimbabwe shall not be liable for any costs incurred in the preparation of the application/expression
- Intertoll Zimbabwe reserves the right to amend, modify or cancel the requirements ad deliverables of the expression.
Applications/expressions shall be submitted by the 13th of April to the procurement committee, Intertoll Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd, 15 Fleetwoord, Alexandra Park, Harare.
449 total views, 1 views today