The ZBIN SME Forum is a leading non-political, non-governmental and non trade association, initiative for Small and Medium Entrepreneurs in Southern Africa. With over 80,000 members and over 10,000 registered SMEs in South Africa and Zimbabwe, the forum was founded in May 2014 and registered under trust deed MA 000457/2017, the forum helps to nurture entrepreneurship and supporting innovative, globally competitive, SMEs in Zimbabwe and South Africa. The Forum works on enabling entrepreneurs to share best practices, mentorship and capacity building.
The mission of ZBIN SME forum is to help members and the community at large with access to opportunities information, access to capital, access to markets and the promotion of effective networking. The forum is divided into Non profit sector providing free SME resources and the Commercial sector helping small businesses in areas such as strategic development facilitation, financial management, human resources management, risk management, digital marketing, graphic designing, website development branding, business tours, financial literacy training and business plans.
Our success stories to date
- In August 2017 we successfully launched a regional carpet making programme for women entrepreneurs that resulted in thousands of women trained in Botswana, Malawi, Lesotho, Namibia, Swaziland, South Africa and Zimbabwe. The training included technical skills on designing carpets and business skills. We got coverage of our trainings on Malawi Broadcasting Corporation and Namibia Broadcasting Corporation. The Sun, a leading newspaper in South Africa covered our highly successful trainings. We helped in the formation of regional companies such as Mpumalanga Real Queens in Action, Pamodzi Women Centre in Malawi and SwaZim in Swaziland.
- In October 2018, we launched another successful regional hat making programme for women entrepreneurs. The implementation of the programme resulted in our forum visiting Botswana, Namibia, and Zambia to empower hundreds of women entrepreneurs.
- Our Business Book on Zimbabwean opportunities became the first local entrepreneurship book to go viral in the country in 2018. We are looking forward to our next 2019 book for South Africans to do the same.
- We produce the only SME newsletter in Zimbabwe on a monthly basis which capture small business stories, experiences and mentorship.
- Our online community is one of the largest in Zimbabwe with over 80.000 members on Facebook and 8.000 on Whatsapp forums. Our rate of growth is a new member added every 5 minutes or 250 new members per day.
- Created the largest database of entrepreneurship resources for Zimbabweans and plans are afoot to introduce another one strictly for South African entrepreneurs.
- We became the first business forum to conduct business tours to Mozambique in 2016 and 2017 and we have more lined up for Mozambique and Malawi.
2,956 total views, 4 views today